Fashion, Entertainment, First Class News Updates on the Hour Every Hour, Gossip, Social Media Marketing n generally in d Biz to keep Y'all Well Entertained.... For Brand Promos and Advert Placements, Contact us on email@example.com
Like iRelate's Facebook Page!!! Show Your Support!!!
Click Banner To Get The Best Deals From KONGA...
Tuesday, 9 January 2018
Pres. Buhari Orders Immediate Relocation Of IGP To Benue State To Tackle Fulani Herdsmen Situation
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the relocation of the Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris to Benue State to stall the killings in the state.
In a press statement released by the Police, it was revealed that along with the IGP, 5 units of the Police Mobile Force (PMF) will be deployed to the state.
The statement, signed by the Police Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, also revealed that the Police Mobile Force Personnel, Police Special Forcesand conventional Police Personnel, the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD), and Special Police Joint Intelligence and Investigation Team, have all been deployed to the state.
The police called for the cooperation of the people of Benue State, saying their commitment to the protection of lives and property of all Nigerians remains unwavering.
See the statement below:
Date: 8th January, 2018
PRESIDENT ORDERS IGP TO MOVE TO BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LAW AND ORDER AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES AND ATTACKS IN GUMA AND LOGO LGAs OF THE STATE
Following the recent unfortunate killings of innocent people in Guma and Logo Local Government Areas in Benue State and the intervention, and ongoing efforts of the Nigeria Police Force to restore peace in the State, the President and commander in Chief of Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR has ordered few hours ago, that the Inspector General of Police moves immediately to Benue State to restore law and order, prevent further loss of lives and forestall the crisis from escalating and spreading in the State.
2. In compliance with the Presidential directives, the IGP is moving into Benue state with additional Five (5) Units of Police Mobile Force (PMF) making a total of Ten (10) Units of PMF deployed in the State which is in addition to other Police formations on the ground in the State before the crisis. More Units of the Police Special Forces, Counter Terrorism Units, and Conventional Policemen are already being deployed to the State as at this time today to comply in totality with the Presidential order.
3. The Aerial Surveillance by Police Helicopters will continue, while the Police Mobile Force Personnel, Police Special Forces and conventional Police Personnel, the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) and Special Police Joint Intelligence and Investigation Teams already deployed to Benue State will carry on un-relentlessly with the patrols and crime prevention activities in the affected areas to sustain the normalcy that have been restored in the State.
4. The Force will not hesitate to deal decisively with trouble maker(s), any group(s) or individual for conduct likely to instigate the escalation of the crisis. The full weight of the law will be applied on anyone arrested for being responsible for the mayhem in the affected areas in the State.
5. While once again, the Nigeria Police Force commiserate with Government and the people of Benue State over the loss of innocent lives, the Force implored them to cooperate with the Nigeria Police Force in this latest effort to restore lasting peace in the State.
6. The commitment of the Nigeria Police Force to ensure Law and order and protection of lives and property of all Nigerians throughout the Country remains unequivocal and unwavering.
CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER FORCE HEADQUARTERS ABUJA